NUDE NAILS

13 Aug 2015


Essie Sand Tropez The Face Shop Lumene Be Happy
The Face Shop (less than 2 EUR, I swear) - Lumene (4 EUR, on sale) - Essie (8 EUR, on sale)

Finland this summer is way too gloomy. It has been rainy and cloudy for almost two months. May be that's why at this time of year, I am much more about nude nails than the typical summery manicures: bright and neon colours. Nude nails, either with pink, white or beige tone are so sophisticated, easy to apply and easy to wear. I have here three different nude nail polishes from both high end and drugstore, European and Asian brands. 

Essie Sand Tropez The Face Shop Lumene Be Happy

The Face Shop

A famous Korean cosmetic company, you might call this a green wash brand, I don't really mind when it comes to nail polish. This one is in the colour BR801 in their Lovely ME:EX line. I got this as a gift from my friend ages ago. The nail polish itself is super duper sheer. Even with more than two coats, it only give your nails a slightly pink shine, look at my pinky finger. Because there not much of colour substances, it stays put much longer than other normal nail polishes. If you want something looks natural, your nail but better colour, this could be for you. 

Lumene

From Finland we have yet another "natural" line called Natural Code. Comparing to the "Korean nature", the Finnish one has a much more of a pleasant sent while giving you more colour as well as coverage. Again with a slightly pinky undertone, but this colour (03 - Be happy) has more white in it which makes you look like you're actually have something on your nails. 

And that concludes our budgeted options, let's me introduce you to a pricier one.

Essie

The most expensive, most opaque and highest quality out of the three. Sand Tropez is such a one of a kind shade. It looks greyly beige in the sunlight but turning into a purply beige colour as soon as your fingers are moved indoor. It's like having two nail polishes in one. One coat will already give you the full coverage. But I normally do two since it seems to last longer. The only downside is its big brush. Some people love Essie's giant brush but I not necessary do. It tends to pick up too much product and doesn't fit in to my small finger nails. 

Essie Sand Tropez The Face Shop Lumene Be Happy



2 comments :

  1. nice lovely nail colour there *_^ I tried on something quite similar just the other day over at the RMK counter here in KL.

    Cheers,
    Jeann
    http://luminnej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you for visiting my blog. Nude colours are really flattering on our Asian skin tone. Btw I have checked out your website, it looks amazing, keep up the work <3

    ReplyDelete